The Book of Spoure
“A Draught of Trebartha Hall
now possesses by Edmund Spoure”. This building was believed to have been
built around 1500 and improved by Edmund Spoure in 1677. The orientation
may not be correct and perhaps it should be the other way around.
The house burnt down and was rebuilt
in 1721 by Charles Grylls which can be seen in a 1750 painting. There was a
major refurbishment in 1800 by Francis Rodd, who was squire from 1766 to
1812, when the house was doubled in size and a new attic storey was added.