map above shows Congdonís Shop on the 1840 Tithe Map.
parcels of land numbered 319 to 322 were owned by Betsey Ann Dawe and
occupied by Mary Bennett.
was owned and occupied by John Moore Esquire.
Baronet Sir Richard Rawlinson
Vivian owned the plots to the east of the crossroads numbered 213 to 216
and 315 &316, which were farmed by Richard Crocker junior. He also
owned 318 and 319 which were occupied by James Doney,
the blacksmith. The Doney family can be seen on
the 1841 census (see below).