The following introduction to Coad’s Green village has been taken from “Memories of Coad’s Green” which was written by local resident Doris Baker in 1998. She based her information on the recollections of Samuel Baker who died in 1993 and who had lived in the village for 86 years.




Coad’s Green Tenement on the 1840 Tithe Map


To see the tenement’s individual plots overlaid on an aerial image, who owned the plots and who occupied them click on one of these links.


PDF file (1.56mb)


Powerpoint (3.6mb)

Community Centre


cg_social centre.jpg1984_cg_communitynews.jpg

Click for larger images


The images at the top of the page show (L-R): Coad’s Green Wesleyan Methodist Church; Coad’s Green FC winning a trophy; Coad’s Green village centre

©2018 NORTH HILL LOCAL HISTORY GROUP | Berrio Brook, Berrio Bridge, North Hill, Launceston, Cornwall PL15 7NL | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Contact Webmaster